I love Halloween. I love getting dressed up and having fun getting into the “Halloween Spirit.” Now that we have a dog, it’s only fitting that she get to “enjoy” dressing up too. Now, Jaron has a rule against putting clothes on our dog. He thinks it’s silly and embarrassing… so I had to get creative for potential dog costumes and have found the following accessory centered dog costumes. Athena is probably the cutest Unicorn you’ve ever seen, but I think she’d be just as cute in any of the following costumes.
1. Unicorn. I found Athena’s Unicorn horn at Walmart and they don’t seem to have it online, but I did find a very similar one on Amazon. The gold sparkles match her red/gold fur perfectly and any golden dog would make the cutest Unicorn.
2. Prince/Princess. What could be sweeter then a pup in a crown? This one from Amazon could work for either a boy or a girl dog… although I will admit that I am partial to girl dogs dressing up as princesses.
3. Pilot. Imagining pups doing things that humans do is infinitely amusing to me. Which is probably why this pilot hat from Amazon is so cute. Plus the chin strap will help this hat stay on your pup far longer then this other, also cute pilot hat would.
4. Cowboy Hat. I know this hat from Amazon says its for women, but this Hat is mini and cute with charms on the side and “pins easily into hair.” This tiny hat would be SUPER adorable on a pup!
5. Lion. Jaron loves the Lion King and making our sweet pup look like a Lion is endlessly amusing to us!! There are options on Amazon, but this one is my favorite because of the color.
Ultimately, there are lots of options for dressing up your pup with accessories that are super cute and fun! If you use any of these or find others you love, tag me on instagram (@instachelcy) or let me know in the comments! I’d love to see how you dress up your dog for Halloween.